2.0 Progress Update

News about Box2D
Erin Catto
Site Admin

Re: 2.0 Progress Update

Postby Erin Catto » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:42 am

danzel wrote:One thing I've noted in b2Shape->TestPoint (TestSegment has the same error) is that the b2XForm parameter is referred to as "transform" in the docs, but is "xf" in the actual definition. (b2Shape line 130, 132 and 135, 143)

It is probably worth adding a note that you will usually call the body of the shape to get its b2XForm for use when calling this function.
I was creating a new blank b2XForm which would work sometimes but usually fail.

Got it, thanks!

For the second issue, I could grab the transform from the body, but the collision code doesn't include the dynamics code. If you use a different transform then you are solving a different problem.

SaphuA

Postby SaphuA » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:26 am

Me and my project group are planning on using Box2D for a school project. Since we have to "reverse engineer" the whole thing to prove we understand what we're using we'd like to know a rough estimated date for when v2 will be released.

Will there be major changes compared to the current version or does the new version only contain new content?

Another problem we have is that we have to use the Java version, this is also why we need a rough release date, so we can determine if it's worth waiting.

Hope that made sence :)

~Sph
Last edited by SaphuA on Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Erin Catto
Site Admin

Postby Erin Catto » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:15 pm

I just need to clean up the manual. So I'm targetting the 1st week of March.

ewjordan

Postby ewjordan » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:14 pm

As for the Java version, I'd tentatively say that we'll shoot to have that port done roughly a week after the C++ one is released, so roughly the second week of March. I'm going to start on it tomorrow, and I think that's a reasonable estimate as long as no major problems arise.

jfelrod1960

Postby jfelrod1960 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:46 pm

ewjordan wrote:As for the Java version, I'd tentatively say that we'll shoot to have that port done roughly a week after the C++ one is released, so roughly the second week of March. I'm going to start on it tomorrow, and I think that's a reasonable estimate as long as no major problems arise.

Sounds good!

Return to “News”