Box2D Version 1.4.0 Released

News about Box2D
Erin Catto
Site Admin

Box2D Version 1.4.0 Released

Postby Erin Catto » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:26 pm

- Fixed bug in position correction.
- Finished the pulley joint.
- Changed includes to help the Mac build.
- Added gear joint.
- Added deferred body destruction and CollisionProcessing Test.
- Updated documentation for pulleys, gears, and contacts.
- Bodies connected by pulleys now collide by default.

Please see TODO.txt for future plans.

Please see Readme.txt for instructions.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/box2d

Diggsey

Re: Box2D Version 1.4.0 Released

Postby Diggsey » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:15 am

I'm still having the positioning problem. I found out that for some reason, bodies won't move/be positioned with an x value other than 0! :( Also, the function I use to loop through all the bodies and draw them is not drawing anything at the moment. Because it is a plugin, it is very difficult to track down exactly what is going wrong :x Using the exact same project in the solutions of 1.2.1 and 1.3/1.4 it works normally in 1.2.1 and does the above in 1.3/1.4. The testbed works as it should!

Erin Catto
Site Admin

Postby Erin Catto » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:30 am

Can you give me an example of what's wrong? Is it possible for me to run/debug your app?

Diggsey

Postby Diggsey » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:25 am

I'd happily send you my project, but you have no email address visible. You can email/msn me if you don't want to display it. To run the executable, you also need DirectX 9.0c (make sure you get the latest 9.0c, because microsoft decided to release multiple versions with the same number!)

Also, I have tracked down one problem to do with why my draw function is not working:

Code: Select all

void DrawBody(b2Body* MyBody)
{
   for (b2Shape* MyShape = MyBody->m_shapeList; MyShape; MyShape = MyShape->m_next)
   {
      DrawShape(MyShape);
   }
}

This is called for every shape in a world.
When (in debug mode) I step into the for loop, MyShape is not equal to MyBody->m_shapeList, even though it was only just set. The odd thing is, that they are both valid pointers, and have identical member values, except for one. The type member is changed from a poly type to a long, seemingly random number! This means that the functions inside the DrawShape function are not called, because none of the cases are met by the type value. I'm no C++ expert, but surely that should work! :shock:

Diggsey

Postby Diggsey » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:59 pm

I PM'd and emailed you about it :D

Return to “News”