Create custom polygon shapes easy and fast

Post your tutorials and samples here.
vladu.bogdan

Create custom polygon shapes easy and fast

Postby vladu.bogdan » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:01 am

Hello,

Here is a tutorial on how to create custom polygon shapes easy and fast with SpriteHelper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-Gjhc6FHgg

PECO

Re: Create custom polygon shapes easy and fast

Postby PECO » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:39 am

Hi,

Can I say thanks!! Stupidity I know. :mrgreen:

vladu.bogdan

Postby vladu.bogdan » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:43 am

Hey,

Thank you for the kind words!

Regards,
Bogdan

rajni

Postby rajni » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:54 pm

thank you for this site.

iamcreasy

Postby iamcreasy » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:03 pm

Hi, @vladu.bogdan

I can't see this video. It says, "this video is private" :-/

!

vladu.bogdan

Postby vladu.bogdan » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:41 pm

Hey, Sorry about this. That video was showing an old version and people were getting confused.

Please see this.

www.spritehelper.org

and
www.levelhelper.org

Kind regards,
Bogdan

pTymN

Postby pTymN » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:04 pm

Do you have a feature in SpriteHelper that can add a transparent spacing between all sprites when automatically laid out (with rotation enabled)? My strategy is to use a large pvr and the undocumented feature that allows pvr textures that are too large for the max OpenGL texture size to be automatically downscaled by iOS. On the smaller displays, I sometimes see a vertical line at the edge of my sprites where texels from the next sprite over are blended in if I do not have extra spacing. All other features that I currently use in TexturePacker Pro look like you've got em in SpriteHelper. Excellent job! These tools have come a long way quickly.

Does LevelHelper have the tools to create physics shapes for terrain that are not linked to a sprite image?

How does your game engine backend handle changing collision shapes on frames of animation?

vladu.bogdan

Postby vladu.bogdan » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:22 pm

http://www.levelhelper.org/?page_id=1894

You can download the latest version from here

They have all you need

Space between sprites, rotation, pvr, trimming, cropping, border, dither, resampling algorithms all you will need from a texture editor

Physics, you can auto trace shapes in concave and convex ways, you can optimize the shape, you can create multiple shapes per sprite, you can assign user properties per shape in order to have more information hen collision occurs, you can make some shapes on the sprite sensors and some non sensors for greater flexibility.

Animations, different time per frame, user info per frame, live preview, notifications like anim has ended, anim has chaged frame, anim has ended all its repetition and many more

As for shapes on an animation, the body will be the body of the first frame. If you change the body during an animtion on each frame, that is slow and impacts fps, you can do its not desirable.

In levelhelper you can define shapes for grouds using bezier tool (which can also act as lines for more squareness) and you can apply a tileing texture on it, make it invisible or whatever your hart desires

Return to “Tutorials and Samples”